Welcome to Western Rural Healthcare Online
“We as a team endeavour to provide the local community with quality health care through advice and treatment, in a sensitive manner”.
GUIDANCE COVID-19 (CORONA VIRUS)
If you suspect you may be infected with coronavirus DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY.
Patients requiring current information on coronavirus can use this link:
Should you be concerned that you have contracted coronavirus or may have come into contact with someone who has please use the below link:
ANNOUNCEMENT RE:CORONOVIRUS 12/03/2020
Due to rising concerns regarding Covid 19 Coronavirus, it is with regret that we have to introduce some new measures in order to minimise footfall in the surgery and thus spread of the virus to our most vulnerable patients and to try and keep our GP service operational.
In these unprecedented times, we appreciate your understanding and patience as these changes may inevitably affect you and your families.
Please be assured that these measures are temporary and normal service will resume as soon as possible.
Please also know that these measures are taken in your best interest and allows us to tend to the most vulnerable and in need in our society.
All staff will still be working as normal but these measures are needed in order to minimise risk of spread. If you have an urgent medical need we wish to reassure you that you will still be seen following telephone assessment
With immediate effect:
▪ We would encourage patients with routine booked appointments for the GP, nurse or bloods from Thursday 12/3/2020 onwards, to only attend for their appointment if they feel it is of utmost priority. Otherwise we would ask that you DO NOT SHOW for your appointment, you DO NOT need to ring to cancel. This can be rebooked once normal service is resumed
▪ If you are unsure whether your appointment is of priority, please ring ahead and we can discuss this with you
▪ We ask that anyone with any fever/cold/flu or respiratory symptoms DOES NOT attend the surgery and instead rings ahead to consult with a GP over the phone
▪ We ask that anyone who has been in contact with anyone else experiencing these symptoms also DOES NOT attend the surgery and instead rings ahead for advice
▪ If you require advice on whether you qualify for coronavirus testing and do not have any symptoms, please ring 111
▪ We are unable to offer new routine appointments over the coming weeks and ask that you ring the surgery as early as possible in the day if you need medical advice or need a medical assessment
▪ Where possible please use the telephone to make requests for medications etc and avoid coming to the premises
From Friday 13th March:
▪ Killeter surgery will not be seeing walk in patients
▪ Some patients who ring with respiratory symptoms may be asked to see a GP in Killeter if felt medically necessary, this will be by appointment only which will be made via telephone
Again we wish to thank you for your support and co-operation as we face these uncertain times
Western Rural Healthcare Group Practice
Welcome to Western Rural Healthcare. We are 3 practices that merged into one partnership in April 2016. Castlederg surgery is our main surgery, whilst Newtownstewart and Ederney are the two branch surgeries. We are a larger cohesive group who work together with shared skills and expertise in order to provide a higher standard of care to our patients in all 3 sites.
One Click Away
Convenience doesn’t stop there and you can now access a number of services online. Ordering a repeat prescription or sending us your comments are both just a click away. And if you’re not yet registered with us you can download the necessary forms here too.
Please click on the the appropriate link below to download a copy of our Practice Leaflet:
Castlederg Surgery practice Leaflet- Link
Newtownstewart Practice Leaflet - Link
Ederney Surgery Practice Leaflet - Link
You can order a prescription or book an appointment from our website. Simply click the button below to use our old system or register for our new service, Patient Services, at https://www.patient-services.co.uk/login
How we use your medical records